My CLIA membership has given me confidence from knowing that I am not alone. Just like me, there are other agents, industry experts, and great people from whom there is so much to be learned. CLIA is a true network of information, knowledge base support, and industry professionals willing to listen, help, and support me in my business endeavors.— Eddie Diaz, CSEP, ACC
CLIA Individual Agent Membership Overview
Why Join CLIA?
As the global cruise industry trade association, we leverage our relationships with Cruise Lines, Executive Partners and the travel community to provide you, our Travel Agency Members and Individual Agent Members, with the best benefits, tools and resources to navigate the cruise industry, attract more clients and increase your earnings.
- CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. EMBARC ID entitles you to priority invitation and confirmation for ship inspections, seminars at sea and FAM trips, as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including Cruise Line Member and Executive Partner commissions. Individual Agent Members who are renewing their memberships do not need to submit a new photo for their EMBARC ID. Your EMBARC ID will be mailed directly to you, rather than to your agency. Please note that benefits are effective January 1 – December 31.
- Professional Development: CLIA’s professional development helps you keep your skills polished. With CLIA certification and certificate programs, instructor-led training, professional development events and online courses, CLIA provides a host of opportunities to take your career to the next level.
- Commissions and travel perks: Bonus commissions and personal travel discounts from Cruise Lines and Executive Partners.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Enjoy discounted pricing on CLIA and Executive Partner products, including CLIA certification courses, event registrations and more.
- Agent Finder: Get listed on CLIA’s online Agent Finder to promote yourself to consumers looking for knowledgeable and reliable cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Membership includes a complimentary listing underneath your agency’s listing. If you work outside your agency's zip code, boost your profile even further by purchasing an additional listing in your 50-mile location radius for $19.95 for the entire year!
- Connect with Key Cruise Line, Destination and Industry Representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360, the cruise industry’s official, largest and most dynamic conference, provide you with an opportunity to network with others in the industry.
- Cruise TV: Engaging and informative videos you can share directly with your clients, through social media or email.
- Relevant and Timely Information: The latest industry trends and information delivered straight to your inbox.
CLIA Membership has given me access to travel resources and tools. Having itineraries, ship features, and key selling points for every global cruise line, to share with my clients, right at my fingertips is priceless."— Ferne C. Sapp, ACC
To qualify for CLIA Individual Agent Membership (IAM), your affiliated agency must be a current CLIA Travel Agency Member. CLIA recommends that agents generate a minimum of $5,000 in total agency commissions from cruise bookings within the 12 months prior to enrollment. Travel Agency Members maintain absolute discretion over their IAM approvals and denials. CLIA maintains complete authority over the acceptance and cancellation of its members. Any member not adhering to the CLIA Membership Terms and Conditions and Code of Ethics is subject to immediate membership revocation without refund.