Travel Agency Executive (TAE)Enroll Now
Certification requirements vary by year. The requirements below pertain to those who have registered for the certification in 2020. Please refer to your certification logbook if you’ve enrolled in previous years.
The Travel Agency Executive (TAE) Certification is for management-level, travel agency professionals with a current CLIA Affiliate Agency who are may or may not also be full-time selling travel agents. This certification is for people in the role of executive, director, accounting manager, marketing manager, ecommerce manager, or someone who works in a leadership capacity.
Summary of Travel Agency Executive (TAE) Certification Requirements
Prerequisites: Enrollee must be an executive, director, accounting manager, marketing manager, ecommerce manager, or someone who works in a leadership capacity but does not only function as a fulltime selling travel agent with a current CLIA Premier or Travel Agency Member.
Mandatory Online Courses or Live Seminars:
- Marketing 101: Developing Your Marketing Strategy
- What Have You Done for Lately?
- Customer Relationship Management
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Better Listening Skills for Better Business
- Building Client Loyalty
Elective Training – Must complete during your completion term following enrollment:
- Three (3) additional CLIA courses/seminars, or
- The achievement of the Travel Institute CTA, CTIE, the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies’ (ACTA) or CTC designation
- If member has an undergraduate or graduate degree in business or related field, elective requirement is waived. Please submit copy of enrollee’s unofficial transcript from college or university with degree confirmation
Personal Cruise Experiences:
- Two (2) cruises on CLIA Global Cruise Line
- May include personal cruise experience one year prior to enrollment date
- Not utilized for attainment of any other CLIA designation