Elite Cruise Counsellor (ECC)Enroll Now
Certification requirements vary by year. The requirements below pertain to those who have registered for the certification in 2020. Please refer to your certification logbook if you’ve enrolled in previous years.
In order to qualify for Elite Cruise Counsellor (ECC) Certification, the following must be achieved:
Pre- and Post- requisites
Enrollee must be an active CLIA Individual Agent Member (IAM) and maintain active membership during the certification completion period; and must have completed and graduated with the Master Cruise Counsellor (MCC) designation. Elite Cruise Counsellor certification candidates have two years from the date of enrollment to complete the certification requirements and submit documentation per the logbook instructions. Once a CLIA IAM graduates with the ECC designation, the graduate must maintain active CLIA IAM status to maintain the certification. If there is a membership lapse, the IAM may have to pay a re-instatement fee after regaining active CLIA membership.
In order to qualify for Elite Cruise Counsellor (ECC) Certification, credits must be achieved as follows:
Mandatory Online Courses, Live Seminars or Certificate Programs – Must complete three of the following:
- Groups 201: Developing Group Business
- Groups 301: Successful Group Management
- Converting Prospects to Customers
- Marketing 101: Developing Your Marketing Strategy
- Customer Relationship Management
And a CLIA Certificate Program
Elective Training (50 credits) – Must complete during your completion term following enrollment
- Five (5) additional CLIA courses/seminars, or
- Completion of a CLIA certificate program not already submitted to meet certification requirements, or
- Completion of Approved CLIA Cruise Line, Executive Partner or Industry Certificate Program (up to 10 credits each, to reach 50 credits) (To verify if a program is approved visit the CLIA Industry Partner Training Page at cruising.org/Partner-Training or contact CLIA’s Professional Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attendance at CLIA’s Cruise360
Conference (40 credits per badge for attendance) Cruise360 attendance can only be used once per
certification level. If you have attended Cruise360 multiple times, you must use a different year for other
Industry Impact Activity – Must complete during your completion term following enrollment
- Involved engagement in an industry impact activity that supports positive cruise industry awareness and reputation management; CLIA’s Policy Priorities; environmental advocacy and/or natural disaster relief.
Product Knowledge – Must complete all items
Ship Inspections (2 required, Not utilized for attainment of any other CLIA
- Live or CLIA provided virtual ship inspections
- Must be CLIA Global Cruise Line
- May use same CLIA Global Cruise Line, but must be for different ships.
- May include ship inspections from up to 3 years prior to enrollment date
Personal Cruise Experiences
- One, 10+ night cruise on CLIA Global Cruise Line, or
- One, 10+ night or longer pre-packaged land and cruise itinerary by a CLIA Global Cruise Line.
- Not utilized for attainment of any other CLIA designation
- May include personal cruise experience one year prior to enrollment date
- Stateroom Sales
- Sixty (60) staterooms booked/deposited through a current CLIA Travel Agency Member during the two-year completion term following enrollment, not previously utilized for any other CLIA Designation (May include bookings 3 months prior to enrollment date)