Confirm your Status as an Official Travel Agent of the Global Cruise Industry
Following our 2020 move to cruising.org, the global website of the cruise industry, all CLIA Travel Agency Members in active 2021 membership have two CLIA ID numbers to identify themselves as an Official Travel Agent of the Global Cruise Industry:
- Personal ID: this ID number is unique to you individually
- Agency ID: this ID number confirms the Travel Agency that you work for - your Personal ID is linked to this Agency ID
From 6 April 2021, you are invited to purchase a physical copy of your EMBARC ID card, which will feature your two ID numbers, full name and Agency, as well as a passport-style photo. As we look towards the resumption of cruising and travel in general, the card is proof of your status as a Travel Agent Member of CLIA UK & Ireland.
- All active 2021 CLIA UK & Ireland Travel Agent Members are instantly eligible
- A physical ID card will be posted to you, confirming your Membership status with CLIA UK & Ireland and can be used to demonstrate your status as a Travel Agent Member
- Access to a discounted "EMBARC ID Card Holder" rate when registering for future CLIA events (virtual and in-person) - the more you join us, the greater the saving
- Access to additional benefits from CLIA Partner businesses as they become available**
To celebrate the launch of the card, there is a special introductory rate of £15 + VAT (normal price £25 + VAT).
Order Your Card Today!
- Photo Upload: Make sure you have uploaded your passport-style photo on your My CLIA Profile page at cruising.org.
- Check the Proof: Check the digital version of your EMBARC ID card looks exactly as you want it – you can find it as a new link from your MyCLIA Dashboard. Make sure your details are all displaying correctly. If any details are not displaying correctly, please contact us at email@example.com before moving to Step 3.
- Pay: Order and pay for the Card via the Product Catalogue – a direct link can be found here. Please be aware we will send the card with “Signed For” post, so the shipping address you provide must be able to accept this tracked delivery. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive your EMBARC ID card in the post.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Terms & Conditions
Your 2021 EMBARC ID card is valid until 31 December 2021.
**Additional Benefits from CLIA Partner Businesses
Additional benefits from CLIA Partner Businesses are not guaranteed and will be available subject to availability with the Partner business. CLIA UK & Ireland cannot be held responsible if the Partner decides to amend or remove their offer from the scheme. CLIA Partner Businesses will each decide whether their benefit or offers are extendable to all CLIA Travel Agent Members or just those opting to purchase the physical card. they reserve the right to amend this, subject to demand.
Whilst you will usually need to contact the Partner Businesses directly to redeem any benefits offered, there may be instances where details of your EMBARC ID purchase are shared with the Partner business, allowing them to initiate the delivery of your benefit/offer.
Using your CLIA EMBARC ID to Register with CLIA Cruise Lines
Some Cruise Lines may offer you the option to add your CLIA EMBARC ID number as confirmation of your status as a Travel Agent, as part of an application to sell their cruises. We are working with all CLIA Cruise Lines who offer this option on their registration form to ensure they receive regular updates of active CLIA ID numbers from us. In the first months of the scheme, please let us know via email@example.com if your number is not being accepted by a CLIA Cruise Line, and we will be able to assist.
Existing North American EMBARC ID Benefits Advertised Online
Please note that as the EMBARC ID scheme has been active in North America for many years, a number of businesses such as global hotel chains will advertise special rates and commission for CLIA Members. please be aware that these offers are regionally specific to the USA, and purchase of the EMBARC ID card in the UK & Ireland does not entitle you to access these. You must also be aware that your CLIA ID number will not be recognised as valid by these businesses as your membership information is not shared with these third parties.
CLIA UK & Ireland welcome Members from around the world, and are looking forward to offering the EMBARC ID card for purchase to all Members. Proof of postage to the delivery address supplied will be emailed as confirmation of successful fulfilment of your order.
Combined Shipping – Worldwide Only
If you are part of a group of Agents from the same Agency purchasing EMBARC ID cards around the same time, we would be happy to combine shipping. Please each proceed to order and pay for your cards individually. Following payment, one member of the group should then email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of the Agent names which can be shipped together.
As all cards will be shipped with tracking and a signature required on delivery, CLIA UK & Ireland cannot be held responsible for non-delivery, and refunds will not be available.
Note: your ID numbers (Personal and Agency) are both still valid regardless of whether you decide to purchase the EMBARC ID card, and some CLIA Partner Businesses may extend their benefits to non-card holders, at their discretion.