Travel Agency Executive (TAE) Certification Requirements
The Travel Agency Executive (TAE) Certification is for management-level, travel agency professionals with a current CLIA Affiliate Agency who are may or may not also be full-time selling travel agents. This certification is for people in the role of executive, director, accounting manager, marketing manager, ecommerce manager, or someone who works in a leadership capacity.
Summary of Travel Agency Executive (TAE) Certification Requirements
Prerequisites: Must be an executive, director, accounting manager, marketing manager, ecommerce manager, or someone who works in a leadership capacity but does not only function as a full-time selling travel agent with a CLIA Affiliated Agency.
Mandatory Online Courses or Live Seminars:
- Developing Your Marketing Strategy
- What has PR Done for You Lately?
- Customer Relationship Management
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Better Listening Skills for Better Business
- Building Client Loyalty
Elective Training – Must complete during your completion term following enrollment:
- Three (3) additional CLIA courses/seminars, or
- The achievement of the Travel Institute CTA, CTC or CTIE designation
- If member has an undergraduate or graduate degree in business or related field, elective requirement is waived. Please submit copy of enrollee’s unofficial transcript from college or university with degree confirmation
Personal Cruise Experiences:
- Two (2) cruises on CLIA Global Cruise Line
- May include personal cruise experience one year prior to enrollment date