(Washington DC, 17 October 2019) Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has opened enrollment for its 2020 Travel Agency Membership (TAM) and Individual Agent Membership (IAM) programs.
The cruise industry plays a leadership role in tourism and is a mainstream vacation choice in major markets throughout the world. CLIA Membership elevates the credibility and reputation of agencies and their individual agents within the travel industry and is built to help members navigate the cruise industry, attract more clients and increase their earnings. Enrollment for 2020 CLIA membership is now open, for membership valid through December 31, 2020.
CLIA Membership establishes agents as a cruise travel authority in the eyes of consumers and provides instant industry recognition with booking credentials (agency) and the CLIA EMBARC ID (agents). It also affords access to industry-leading professional development, cruise line bonus commissions, cruise line trainings and webinars, as well as exclusive personal travel perks and discounts. New for 2020, CLIA is augmenting its business-building benefits by launching an affinity program as well as expanded professional development offerings.
“The extraordinary response to CLIA membership in 2019 — resulting in the largest and most qualitatively strong membership roster in CLIA history — is a clear indication that CLIA credibility and member benefits are what travel professionals need and want,” said Charles Sylvia, ECC, Vice President, Membership and Trade Relations, CLIA. “As we launch 2020 open enrollment, our team has once again put together a benefits portfolio designed to help members reach their full potential in cruise sales. Thank you to our loyal members. It is a privilege to serve you.”
Cruising uniquely offers holiday-goers the three types of travel they most want: Experiential, Accessible, and Transformational. With more people in their 20s, 30s and 40s cruising now than ever before—and with tremendous growth projected in new and current markets—CLIA Members are well-positioned to help their clients discover the cruise journeys that best suit their needs and vacation-style.
Travel agencies interested in joining can apply for a Travel Agency Membership. Individual Agent Membership is open to travel agents associated with a 2020 CLIA Travel Agency Member.
Additional CLIA member benefits include:
- Booking Credentials: Travel Agency Members’ CLIA Industry ID Number is their key to booking directly with our Cruise Lines and partners.
- 2020 CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. The EMBARC ID provides preferred member pricing for Cruise360 and other events, as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including cruise line and partner commissions.
- Professional Development: CLIA's professional development and training programs, rated the best in the industry, leverage a wealth of expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver valuable education to travel agents and other industry professionals. Our programs are available in a variety of formats to make it convenient for you to keep your skills polished or become certified through CLIA’s members-only certification programs. New for 2020, we are expanding our virtual offerings with the addition of Virtual Courses and a new series of professional development webinars focused on managing your business.
- Bonus Commissions and Personal Travel Discounts from Cruise Lines and Partners: Travel Agency Members receive more than $3,000 in cruise line bonus commissions and Individual Agent Members receive more than $3,000 in cruise line bonus commissions.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Enjoy discounted pricing on CLIA courses, event registrations and more. New for 2020, our CLIA affinity program offers discounts on office supplies, shipping, and computers.
- Connect with Key Cruise Line, Destination and Industry Representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360, the largest and only official conference of the cruise industry, provide you with an opportunity to network with others in the industry while enjoying a week’s worth of professional development, ship inspections, and the latest industry trends.
- Relevant and Timely Information: CLIA’s monthly Travel Agent Cruise News delivers the latest information straight to your inbox the fourth Tuesday of the month. Members also receive regular CLIA emails with members-only news alerts, an onboarding series to help you make the most of your CLIA membership, professional development opportunities, and more.
- Agent Finder: Get listed on CLIA’s online Agent Finder to promote yourself to consumers looking for knowledgeable and reliable cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Members can boost their profile by purchasing a listing, making them searchable by zip code.
To learn more about CLIA Travel Agency and Individual Agent Membership, please visit cruising.org/joinclia.