Top Entertainment Slated for Conference’s Annual Hall of Fame Dinner & Awards Gala
Fort Lauderdale, FL — April 2, 2014 —
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) will launch 10 new travel agent training seminars plus offer more than 50 product, destination and professional development workshops during the 10th anniversary cruise3sixty conference and trade show. The 10 new one-hour classes will be the centerpiece of a total of 16 training education courses. For the first time, agents attending cruise3sixty will be able to earn a total of 150 CLIA certification credits toward their CLIA Accredited Cruise Counsellor (ACC) or Master Cruise Counsellor (MCC) designations. The conference begins Wednesday, April 2, 2014 and continues through Monday, April 7, 2014 at the Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL. In addition to professional development, cruise3sixty will offer a two-day trade show with more than 300 exhibiting companies, numerous networking events, 24 ships available for inspection, and the highly-anticipated CLIA Hall of Fame Dinner & Awards Gala.
“CLIA is the gold standard in travel agent education,” said CLIA President & CEO Christine Duffy. “We listen to our agent members and understand what they want and need to be successful. The new agent education format reinforces CLIA’s pledge to offer the best travel agent education in the industry."
The 10 new CLIA training courses being offered at cruise3sixty include:
- Be Your Own Paparazzi - PR has Changed, Find Out the Top Ways to Stand Out
- Facebook 2014 –What You Need to Know Now
- Get Your Geek On! – Emerging and Evolving Social Media You Need to Know About
- Where to Find It – Must-have Resources and Apps
- What's My Line? – Connecting Clients to Cruising in One Sentence
- Put the Person Back in Personal Selling – They're People, Not Apps
- Sell Your Passion – Niche Markets You Never Thought of But Should Have
- The New Face of Luxury Cruising – New Luxury Clients, New Luxury Ships
- Eat, Drink & Cruise – A Focus on Culinary Cruising
- Turn Their Heads - Grow Your Business Through 1st Time Cruisers
Among the 50 workshops, will be cruise line showcases from the CLIA Specialty Cruise Collection and five “It’s All About You Workshops” focusing on how agents can improve sales.
The Annual CLIA Hall of Fame Dinner & Awards Gala on Saturday, April 5, will honor cruise industry individuals who have made significant contributions to the development and growth of cruising. The gala will feature exciting cruise line entertainment including GRAMMY® award-winner Nestor Torres of Norwegian Cruise Line’s GRAMMY® Experience at Sea, and an exclusive production created for CLIA by Royal Caribbean Productions featuring Royal Caribbean International’s Singers in “A Bit of Broadway.” Celebrity Cruises will present a performance by Kimberley Caldwell, former American Idol finalist and one of the most popular performers from Celebrity’s own “Finalists At Sea” program, which showcases many of the top names from the iconic TV show.
More information on CLIA’s 10th anniversary cruise3sixty is available at www.cruise3sixty.com For more on the benefits of CLIA membership, visit www.cruising.org