Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has launched its 2017 Individual Agent Membership (IAM) program, providing travel agents with the best benefits, tools and resources to navigate the cruise industry, attract more clients and increase their earnings.
A host of new benefits has been added to the CLIA 2017 Membership Program, based on member feedback, including:
- EMBARC ID: All CLIA Individual Agents receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. For the first time, EMBARC IDs will be mailed directly to travel agents upon membership approval. Also, new for this year, agents who are renewing do not need to submit a new photo.
- Professional Development: Two free online courses are included in membership with access to CLIA’s Career Seascape, which offers a wide array of training opportunities, as well as a new entry-level Certified Cruise Counsellor and completely refreshed ACC, MCC and ECC certification programs.
- Personalized Career Counseling Service: The CLIA Professional Development Team is now available for one-on-one calls to help agents understand and choose the perfect certification to take their career to the next level.
- Cruise Finder: An online resource where agents access ship information, itineraries, onboard amenities and programs across CLIA’s Cruise Line Members.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: With more new offers than ever before, members can enjoy discounted pricing on CLIA and Executive Partner and Cruise Line products, including CLIA certification courses, event registrations and more.
Membership enrollment for 2017 kicked-off at CLIA’s inaugural Travel Agent Destination Summit, which took place in Puerto Rico over the weekend. The event featured CLIA’s highly regarded professional development program, as well as opportunities to explore the beautiful destination of Puerto Rico, in partnership with the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association.
“One of our top priorities, has always been, and will always be to help travel agents succeed, and this coming years’ membership program has more tools and resources to help our members grow than ever before,” said Cindy D’Aoust, president and CEO, CLIA. “With unmatched value, benefits and professional development opportunities, this program is the perfect way for agents to leverage themselves within the cruise industry.”
To learn more about CLIA Individual Agent Membership, please visit http://www.cruising.org/travel-agent/become-a-member/agent-membership.
About Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) – One Industry, One Voice
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world’s largest cruise industry trade association, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community. The association has 15 offices globally with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. CLIA supports policies and practices that foster a safe, secure, healthy and sustainable cruise ship environment for the more than 23 million passengers who cruise annually and is dedicated to promote the cruise travel experience. Members are comprised of the world's most prestigious ocean, river and specialty cruise lines; a highly trained and certified travel agent community; and cruise line suppliers and partners, including ports & destinations, ship development, suppliers and business services. The organization’s mission is to be the unified global organization that helps its members succeed by advocating, educating and promoting for the common interests of the cruise community. For more information, visit www.cruising.org or follow Cruise Lines International Association on CLIA Facebook and Twitter pages.