Issues & Facts
Cruising is one of the safest, affordable and enjoyable vacation experiences available today. As a result of our relentless focus on passenger safety and comfort, cruising is one of the safest, most affordable and enjoyable vacation experiences available today and the industry continually reviews best practices and develops innovative technologies to further strengthen its safety record. DID YOU KNOW?
- The cruise line industry generated more than $42 billion in total economic activity to the US economy in 2012.
- This economic activity generated over 356,000 jobs paying $17.4 billion in wages to American workers.
- The U.S. Coast Guard inspects all cruise ships in the U.S. to certify compliance with applicable international and U.S. laws, regulations and treaties.
- CLIA's members are nearly 60 major cruise lines across the globe and have a combined 400-plus ships.
- The cruise industry employs practices and procedures that are substantially more protective of the environment than are required by regulation.
- A record 20 million-plus global passengers went on a cruise in 2012.
Please take a moment to browse through this Web site to learn more about:
» The Cruise Industry's Commitment to Passenger Safety and Security
» The Cruise Industry's Commitment to Public Health and Medical Capabilities
» The Cruise Industry's Commitment to the Environment
» The Cruise Industry's Commitment to Worker Protection